Whey protein comes from cow’s milk and is one of nature’s most efficient proteins.
Its ability to provide you with essential amino acids means it’s an essential building block for the synthesis of protein and transforming it into muscle. Since it’s low in fat, low in sugar, and low in calories, whey is a perfect supplement or all out meal replacement.
Why helps to reduce glucose absorption which keeps insulin levels steady and will help prevent hunger pangs after a meal. Since protein is a dense material, your body requires significant amounts of energy at the cellular level to digest it. This in turn creates a thermic effect which will help you lose weight, just from eating.
Additionally whey protein can help reduce stress by decreasing the amount of cortisol in the bloodstream and increasing the amount of serotonin you receive.
Most famous for its application and use in the bodybuilding, strength-building circuits, whey can help provide superior protein absorption.
Check out what researchers have learned to be true about Whey.
– The Journal of Nutrition conducted a study to compare protein sources. Posing that whey protein would more efficiently reduce body mass and adipose tissue, the scientists noted that whey was far superior to red meat at helping achieve these goals. The scientists also noted that the subjects of the study experienced improvements in insulin sensitivity which would help normalize blood-sugar levels.
– The American Journal of Endocrinal Metabolism noted that the consumption of whey protein prevented adipose fat build up. It was also shown to act to preserve lipid oxidization meaning it had antioxidant like properties.
– A study performed by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed the consumption of whey protein had significant effects in decreasing cortisol levels, lowering the symptoms of depression as well as increased the body’s ability to cope with stress and elevated brain serotonin levels.
– The Journal of Nutrition observed the consumption of whey protein helped to increase protein synthesis owing to the fact whey contains significant amounts of BCAAs (branched chain amino acids). The study noted that consuming whey helped keep blood sugar levels at a normal state which could help with issues like metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
– The International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism noted whey was substantially more effective at creating tone and increasing strength in the body.
– A Washington State University study was able to show when individuals consumed a whey protein beverage it helped prevent high blood pressure. Individuals who showed the risk factors of developing high blood pressure where given whey shakes and then experienced significant decreases in diastolic and systolic BP in 6 weeks time.
– The University of Cincinnati Medical Center conducted research that indicated why stimulates mitochondrial energy and reduce oxidative stress in the brain. This allows for higher levels of cognitive function and could be used to treat conditions that affect brain function.
– Yet another study from the American Journal of Nutrition showed when whey protein was consumed it helped to reduce appetite. The study showed when increased levels of whey protein were consumed the overall amount of calories consumed 20 minutes later was lowered. The normalization of blood glucose levels is responsible for the change and can help with changes in body composition.
Its important to know whey protein is safe for most adults when used appropriately.
High doses can cause some side effects such as increased bowel movements, nausea, bloating, thirst, cramps, reduced appetite, tiredness fatigue and headaches. Even though why protein is free from lactose; it’s recommended if you have a dairy allergy, you avoid the using it altogether. Pregnant women should also avoid its use since there aren’t any comprehensive studies that determine its safety for that kind of use.
Depending on the reasons that you intend to supplement with Whey, the dosage can vary significantly. If you’re attempting to put on extra muscle you would want to take 1.2 grams per kilogram of body weight (or .6grams for every pound of body weight.) If you’re attempting to maintain healthy levels of weight without needing to add muscle, you can reduce the amount by half.
One of the other things you can do to help lose weight is add a very powerful plant oil to your diet.