As you might already know, CoQ10 or coenzyme Q10 is an essential component to energy production inside of the body.
The body produces energy on the cellular level (via the mitochondria) and CoQ10 is one of the more important ingredients in helping to produce vita energy your body needs. COQ10 is made inside of the body, however, the amount you’re able to produce flags significantly as the aging process moves past middle age.
Additionally COQ10 serves as an antioxidant which can help to reduce the amount of damage caused to the body by oxidative stress. It does this by protecting proteins, as well as protecting the DNA of the mitochondria.
This antioxidant power is believed to help asthma patients when included in treatment plans as well as helping those with high blood pressure. It can help prevent muscle injury in those who participate in endurance events by stabilizing muscle cell membranes and it can even alleviate the symptoms induced by Parkinson’s diseases including reducing the degree of disability and reducing the deterioration of function.
Other benefits provided by CoQ10 supplementation include enhancing the regeneration of Vitamin E which is an important antioxidant.
Now there’s something else you need to know.
COQ10 comes in several different forms. One of the most potent is Super Ubiquinol CoQ10. This form of COQ10 is an important supplement to include because it is more readily absorbed by the body than normal CoQ10. The better absorbed it is, the more health benefits you derive from it.
Take a look at just how powerful this nutrient is:
– A study reported in the American Heart Association Journal Circulation reveled CoQ10 could help increase survival rates after cardiac arrest. The study showed that individuals with mild hypothermia were given CoQ10 and they were shown to have protected neurological function as well as an increased survival rate after cardiac arrest.
– A study conducted by Spanish researchers noted in The Journal of Geronotology: Biological Sciences were able to show CoQ10 was able to protect against oxidative stress and help extend the life of cells. Age related oxidative stress was combatted in a diet which was high in poly-unsaturated fat. These kinds of fats are shown to help with cardiovascular disease and CoQ10 helps to protect them from oxidative stress.
– In a study of 32 individuals (Lockwood et al) it was demonstrated that CoQ10 was actually instrumental in helping to slow and shrink tumors in breast cancer patients. IN fact, it was noted in several cases that the supplementation of CoQ10 actually helped to completely eliminate the presence of the tumors in any way shape or form.
– Researchers from Belgium and Poland published in Neuroendocrinology Letters that those who suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndromes had extremely low levels of CoQ10. Since CoQ10 had anti-inflammatory properties and can help protect the cells mitochondria it was postulated the supplementation of CoQ10 would help to elevate energy levels for individuals who suffered from these types of conditions.
– In the inaugural issue of The Journal Of Huntington’s Disease researchers were able to show CoQ10 possessed superior ability to prevent neural cell degeneration. Huntington’s disease which is a neurological disorder is combatted by CoQ10 and it’s antioxidant properties as well as supporting the cell’s mitochondria.
– Researchers at the University of Hong Kong were able to show that CoQ10 was a benefit to heart function. CoQ10 was shown to reverse the effects of Endothelial dysfunction (the malfunctioning of the cells that line the blood vessels). The CoQ10 helped to increase mitochondrial function and was shown to help reverse the effects of cardiovascular disease with no adverse effects.
As you can plainly see, COQ10 included in your diet can greatly increase the health of your heart, as well as your general health overall.
It’s highly recommended you speak with your physician about whether or not COQ10 (especially as Super Ubiquinol) in your diet would be a wise choice to consider.
But before you take a step further, there’s one other thing you need to take into consideration.
There might be a food you’re eating today that’s causing your heart to grow weak.
No, this isn’t some junky processed food you’re likely thinking of.
To see what it is CLICK HERE