In our last article, we discussed the value of including supplements in your nutritional and exercise regimen. These supplements can be taken individually, or you can find a combination supplement that incorporates them.
Here are five more excellent fat-burning supplements:
1. Olea Europaea Extract – Olea Europaea is the scientific name for olive leaf extract, of which the chemical oleuropian is the most important active ingredient. Oleuropian is an antioxidant that boosts your immune system and raises norepinephrine levels, both of which increase calories burned by your body. Recommended dosage is 500 to 1,000 milligrams, taken two to three times daily with meals.
2. Carnitine – Carnitine is critical in bringing fat to the mitochondria of your cells, where it can be burned and transmuted into energy. Research shows carnitine increases the body’s ability to burn fat. Recommended dosage is one to three grams in the form of L-carnitine, L-carnitine L-tartrate, or acetyl-L-carnitine. Take two or three times daily with meals, allocating one dose for a meal before exercise, and another for your post-exercise meal.
3. Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) – This supplement is a naturally occurring group of omega-6 fats. Studies show CLA supports fat loss while it boosts strength and muscle development. Recommended dosage is one to three grams with each of three meals daily.
4. Fucoxanthin – This is a component of seaweed, and it gives the sea plant its characteristic brownish-green color. Fucoxanthin activates genes that make your body burn more calories, and deactivates the genes that increase fat-cell growth. Studies show the effects of this supplement are substantial over time. Recommended dose is 200 milligrams taken two or three times daily.
5. Fish Oil – This supplement provides essential omega-3 fats, both eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). These fats activate genes that increase fat burning while deactivating genes that decrease fat storage. Take 2-3 grams two to three times daily with meals.