In a recent article in WiseMindHealthyBody.com, author and weight-loss expert Liz Swann Miller revealed her secrets to easy and consistent weight loss. Miller is the creator of the Red Detox Smoothie, and she is a proponent of healthy, whole foods. Here are her top three secrets:
Secret #1: Enjoy real food. Do not accept the false believe you must deprive yourself in order to lose weight.
Secret #2: Stop eating out. You will be surprised how much less you eat, and how that will support your weight loss.
Secret #3: Avoid processed food. Most processed food is full of toxic chemicals, and heavy in low quality inferior ingredients. Liz explains:
That stuff is just a lot of calories your body can’t use. Some are poison. And all these foods are stripped of the antioxidants and anti-inflammatories that help your body detox. The result? Your body expends huge amounts of calories to eliminate some toxins—the rest, it stores in your fat to protect you. This is why most people are hungry all the time. They’re not getting energy they need.
Secret #4: Detox with nourishing smoothies packed with superfoods. Miller’s recipe includes:
– Maca, a South American plant known to balance the endocrine system and combat stress. It has a nutty taste.
– Vanilla, which is flavorful without causing insulin spikes.
– Cocoa, which is rich in phytonutrients like polyphenols, comparable to the antioxidants in red wine.
– Chia, a seed rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein and calcium.
– Nutritious red and purple fruits, such as raspberries, pomegranates, and strawberries.
These secrets work. Why? According to Liz:
Your body is designed to burn fat. You just have to let it. What good is a fat reserve if you can’t burn it?
You’re drinking smoothies packed with phytonutrients, antioxidants and anti-inflammatories that pull toxins out of you like a tractor beam. Allowing your body to burn those toxin-filled fat stores… and releasing tremendous amounts of stored energy.